Hope all is well whereever you are!
I would have sent some e-cards but trying to save money to buy a mattress and base along with bedding but I am trying to get ahead with the rent first. The good thing is I am inside and not out in the snow and cold. I have one thin blanket and as the flat is a bit cold I see in my chair in the bath room as it is the warmest place until I get a heater on Friday. I found it second hand for $5 on the internet that someone is selling. With any luck that will help. Overall I am doing better. I am walking be it only 600 yards but better than nothing. I don’t use the chair in the flat except to sleep on/in.
I am waiting for the bank to sort things out and send out a new card so I can access my money. They did said I would take a few weeks but I know that it will take a bit longer due to the holidays. Nevertheless onwards and upwards is the only thing to be done. Continue reading
Do I need to curse my logical mind?
Is Mathematical Woman too precise for Legal Man?
Well, I suppose I shouldn’t publish my thinking here, but make a ‘renewed submission’…
At least we’re learning how professionals keep themselves – and each other – busy all – for taxpayers’ money.
Anyway, this is ‘the news’ or the ‘outcome’ – in black on white – of the hearing of 05 December 2013.
This morning, in Court 18 of the Royal Courts of Justice, I delivered the message that Melissa had sent via Skype – on paper. I asked the usher whether there is a connection so that she could talk to the Judge on Skype. Apparently that is possible only in one court.
I mentioned this to HHJ Anthony Elleray QC as it was not clear to him ‘on paper’ whether
- we have the ‘right and ability’ to represent the Claimant
- even though we had submitted and paid for two Notices of Renewal and an Application for Revocation
- we are apparently not on the court record – because CLP Solicitors had not removed themselves properly [how are we supposed to know that their email was NOT sufficient?]
- even though the Claimant Melissa has given us the full legal authority, does she really want us to represent her in these proceedings – after CLP Solicitors had initiated the Judicial Review? Continue reading
I find it very hard to make sense of a world that has clearly gone off its rails but claims to operate “in the best interests” of children in general and Melissa’s then 4-year old child who last saw his mum 2 years ago in Spain.
- We got a hearing scheduled for 05 December – to address the ‘substance of the case’, to exercise her rights of appeal and generally have a ‘fair trial’ a la Human Rights Article 6.
- Melissa gets deported – despite our efforts – and is still homeless.
- The Treasury Solicitor makes an application to get this matter disposed of.
- The Admin Court lists ‘Laird’ as one of 5 ‘disposals’:
Where is our application?
Well, I may not have a robe and a wig, but I do have a brain. I shall make sure it’s going to be ‘in gear’ tomorrow! And I have McKenzie Friends who advise me. One of them suggested to contact the Delivery Director and ask for explanations.
The #unethical #wombscandal tells the whole Nation that something is very wrong, at least in Essex Council! Continue reading