This morning, in Court 18 of the Royal Courts of Justice, I delivered the message that Melissa had sent via Skype – on paper. I asked the usher whether there is a connection so that she could talk to the Judge on Skype. Apparently that is possible only in one court.
I mentioned this to HHJ Anthony Elleray QC as it was not clear to him ‘on paper’ whether
- we have the ‘right and ability’ to represent the Claimant
- even though we had submitted and paid for two Notices of Renewal and an Application for Revocation
- we are apparently not on the court record – because CLP Solicitors had not removed themselves properly [how are we supposed to know that their email was NOT sufficient?]
- even though the Claimant Melissa has given us the full legal authority, does she really want us to represent her in these proceedings – after CLP Solicitors had initiated the Judicial Review?
Well, I guess judges want to play safe and fair between Claimants and Defendants… And since the Treasury Solicitor had chosen not to be there, we were invited to make a fresh application – so that they can respond to us next time…
But the judge understood our concern about the purpose of the meeting:
- it had been scheduled to ‘address the substance of her case’
- while the Treasury Solicitor’s letter regarding the ‘disposal of her matter‘ threw a spanner in the works – between us non-professionals without robe and wig and the professionals who know it all – how to cover up the snatching of children and the deportation of their parents:
- two of the four other ‘for disposal’ cases also had to do with Article 8: the right to family life – of parents who were deported, while their kids were kept in the UK – for foster ‘care’, forced adoption and #paedobritain, I suppose…
Meanwhile, LSELaw gives us the opportunity to ask questions via Twitter using #LSEJackson and meeting Hon Mr Justice Peter Jackson next Thursday 12 December at the London School of Economics. He actually passed a judgement using Skype in international family law!!!
- COURT 4 HEARING tomorrow CANCELLED – after a tiny victory in Court 18 today (gloriamusa.wordpress.com)